I've heard so many people say this phrase.
It's often said after a diagnosis or on a day where you're really struggling.
Whenever I hear it, I often think to myself about how people are forgetting one word in that sentence. One small little word.
And that word is 'not.'
Why not me??
This is why I say God blessed me with chronic migraines, depression, whatever other challenges I may face in life - physical or mental.
My friends all know if they get a headache, I'm going to have some Aleve/Ibuproen on me. And I don't mind one bit giving them one of those OTC pills to provide them with some relief.
Those who know me know that, should they be struggling with depression, I have no problem driving over to their house and getting them out of bed. Pulling them out of bed if need be.
I think a lot of people with any kind of struggle in life are afraid to share it. Afraid of what others will think once they find out. Afraid of how others will judge them.
The beautiful thing about being open about our struggles is that others know that if they are facing the same challenges, they can openly talk to you about it. You know what it's like. You know how hard it can be to fight and overcome.
Most importantly, they know that you won't judge them for their struggles and challenges.
So, why not me??
God chose to bless me with all off these challenges. On what grounds do I have to question Him?? Him - my Father, our Creator, my first love.
If, in God so blessing me, I can help others with their struggles and challenges, then this I ask -- why not me?
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Why me?
Labels:
courage,
depression,
faith,
goal #1,
goal #2,
God,
journey,
migraine,
sharing your story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment