Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 7: List Topper

Today's topic concerns what you believe to be the biggest myth out there re migraines.

I have to say that the most common thing I get from people is the whole - well my friend/aunt/family member takes this.  Have you tried that?

The whole mentality that what works for one person should work for all.

I can't tell you how many different meds I've tried.  At this point in my migraine life, it's probably close to 50. 

And yet I still have yet to find what works for me.

Right now, the pill Frova is the best thing I've found to help with my migraines.  But before that, Imitrex was what worked best.  And then I became immune to Imitrex.

Long story short - what works for one doesn't work for all. 

While I do appreciate those that show their concern and desire to help by offering suggestions, please don't be offended when dismiss your suggestion as I've already tried that med and have had zero luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment