Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 3: Just Shoot Me Now

For today, the topic of discussion is your worst trigger.

My worst trigger, without a doubt, has to be scents.  Particularly, perfumes.  Man, do they send my migraine up a wall!!

The bad thing about it is that they're really hard to avoid.  And not all perfumes are triggers.  But those that mostly elderly women wear, without a doubt, are always triggers.

I love my grandmother to pieces, but she always wears perfume that triggers my migraines.  She told my parents one day that she felt as though I didn't want to be around her.  Reality - it's hard for me to be around her because of her perfume.

Finally, a family member stepped in and told her that her perfume doesn't help my migraines.  So, whenever she hears that I'm coming to town, she stops wearing perfume (is that sweet or what?!). I do feel bad whenever I don't get to see her when I'm in town (because of being preoccupied for something like being hospitalized for migraines).  But, luckily, she knows that I struggle with them and doesn't get too upset with me.

Luckily, I've learned from all of this that 1 squirt of perfume is just the right amount.  Even though it may seem like a little, others will notice that subtle scent enough to comment on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment