And...we're back!! New year, new opportunities, new chances to live life despite the chronic migraines! Bring it on, 2014, bring it on!!
I got to looking at my recent blog roll, and I realized - I haven't had a "chronic migraine life" post in a while (which is ironic considering that's the purpose of this blog). So, I thought it was about time to write one...
I've been MIA these past couple of weeks for two reasons: (1) I was enjoying the holidays with my family, and (2) I was dealing with migraine symptoms.
So, I was late getting my shots this round, again. I got the flu the week I was supposed to get them, so I had to cancel. I'm pretty sure doctors prefer patients who shower, and I hadn't done that in days since I was so sick. I'm also pretty sure doctors prefer patients to not infect them. Well, their next availability wasn't till 5 weeks after my actual appointment date.
About a week before my appointment, the previous round of shots had worn off. My forehead had a few wrinkles. My neck was so tight that my mobility was very limited. My shoulders hunched up towards my ears as the muscles tightened into knots. And the pain spread down my back all the way to my legs to where it became painful to walk.
The doctor put me on steroids to help (hate those darn pills). I also spent much time under an electric blanket set on high with heating pad underneath me, also set on high.
Finally, my appointment arrived. With the muscles being as tight as they were, this round of injections was rather painful and quite unpleasant.
And then came waiting the two weeks for them to fully kick in. Slowly, my legs started feeling better. Then my back. Then my neck. And, finally, my head.
Now that that's taken care of and out of the way (until my next round, that is), I shall attempt to resume my normal blogging schedule, whatever that is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment