Thursday, December 19, 2013

Random Thought Thursdays

Well, after last week's Random Thought Thursdays post, I received a lot of positive feedback.  Most notably - I learned I'm not the only Elf on the Shelf hater out there.  Woo!

So, with that being said, here's this week's installment of my random thoughts.

ONE: Social Media

I have a Facebook.  Confession: I hate it.  I find myself being annoyed by it more than encouraged.  I've done the whole Facebook hiatus thing.  Except Facebook emails you saying they miss you (not kidding).  So, maybe I'll completely delete my account in the near future.  We shall see.  But I can with 99% certainty guarantee that I will never get a Twitter or Instagram.

TWO: Apologizing to Inanimate Objects

Ok, I have this problem which often tends to show itself when I'm at the grocery store.  Whenever I run into anything (people, objects, air), I apologize.  Now, this is a fantastic practice for when I happen to run into human beings.  But, when all I'm running into is a display at the grocery store - well, I just look absolutely crazy profusely apologizing to cardboard.

THREE: Andy Williams

You know, that dude who sings, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"  Yeah, that's Andy Williams. I grew up not too incredibly far from Branson, so I would often hear his Christmas Show commercial play around this time of the year.  But, I have to wonder, what was so "wonderful" around this time for Andy Williams? Every.  Single.  Year.  I've never had a "most wonderful time" around this time of year.  Never.  Sorry, call me a Grinch, send me hate mail, I don't care.  You will never convince me this is the most wonderful time of year.  Never.  Bah humbug!

Also, the author of this article is my new BFF.  He states the truth about this "most wonderful time of the year" oh so beautifully!

FOUR: My Computer Hates Me

Every time I go to type on this computer, it decides I should write in Chinese rather than English.  Today alone, it has switched to Chinese on me mid-sentence four times.  Maybe I should just learn Chinese so whenever it decides to switch, I can continue to type and read!

FIVE: Engagement Season

It's the holiday season.  Which means I can expect at least one of my friends to get engaged.  If not a Christmas engagement, there will be a New Years one.  Normally, I dread logging on to any social media site this time of year for this very reason.  But then, I discovered the amazingness that is the tumblr page Bad Engagement Photos.  Do yourself a huge holiday favor, click that link and check the website out.  The photos, the descriptions, the tears of laughter you will produce.  Go enjoy!

And there you have it - this week's installment of my random thoughts on this, yet another, cold December Thursday! And before you hate on me for complaining about it being cold in December, remember that I live in the Deep South. Isn't it, therefore, supposed to be warmer than freezing??

No comments:

Post a Comment