Like many, I live for the weekends. If it involves not having to get out of bed, not having to get dressed, not having to shower, not having to look cute -- I'm all about it!
But, this past Saturday, some children decided they were so excited about the steps located outside my door that they wanted to run up and down them. Repeatedly. While screaming. Loudly.
In case you're new here, let me restate the obvious - I am single. (If I keep saying it, does that increase my chances of a Christmas miracle happening??)
I don't have kids. Sure, I think they're cute. But not early on Saturday morning when they're screaming right outside my door.
Even though I don't possess children of my own, I have done quite a bit of babysitting in my life. I also got quite a bit of the classic "Mom look" growing up from my own mother. Between these two, I have learned how to throw a pretty good "Mom look" myself.
However, it's been a while since I've had to actually use said look on children. Result: the Mom Look is a play that's a bit rusty in my current bag of tricks.
Well, not only did these screaming children move me to get out of my incredibly comfortable and warm bed early on a Saturday morning, but they also moved me to open my door to a brighter light and colder temp than I cared to enjoy.
I flung open my door, gave the look to each of those 4 unadorable screaming children, heard a quiet "We're sorry..." come from the oldest of the group, closed my door, and crawled back in bed to silence.
Success.
(And I wonder why I'm still single...)
Monday, December 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment