Life is still working on figuring itself out. Correction - I'm still working on trying to figure out my life. I could be like a large portion of my Facebook newsfeed and thank Obama for still being unsure about life, but I doubt he'll ever read this blog. Plus, it's not like I'm blameless in this situation. So what's the point?
Speaking of Facebook newsfeed, the other day I vented to a friend about how much Facebook annoys me at times. Yet, I can't bring myself to delete my account. I still have yet to figure out why I continue to torture myself.
All those frustrations led me to the realization that I have a blog. A blog that I was supposed to be recommitted to. So, why not start posting all my random thoughts (or rants) here? Because surely I can't be the only one with these thoughts.
Here's the premiere Random Thought Thursdays post (which could possibly be the last one) --
ONE: Elf on the Shelf.
![]() |
| In case you don't have friends with kids - because I've got tons - this is what I'm about to complain about. Just giving you a heads up! |
TWO: Take Note Single Men!
In case you didn't read point one, let me restate the obvious. I am single. Husbandless. Childless. Which means I do basically every life task alone. Drive places in my car - alone. Grocery shop - alone. Live - alone. I'm alone. Now, I'm not crying or complaining over that (shout out to my therapist!). Being alone has been the story of the past 7 years of my life. But what I am asking is that if you're a dude and you see me out alone, please find a good, creative way to hit on me. I've heard the classic, awful, cheesy pick-up lines. Want to win my heart, or my number at the very least, get creative. Better yet, just be honest with me! No need trying to be someone you're not. Truth: if you can make me sincerely laugh - as opposed to awkward, get me out of here ASAP because I'm uncomfortable laugh - there's a good possibility I'll take you up on your date offer.
THREE: Birthday Celebrations.
![]() |
| My 21st birthday celebration, where I managed to blow the candles clear out of the cake. Because that's how my birthday celebrations go. |
FOUR: Holiday Hoopla.
FIVE. Share the Awkward.
Ok, before you start going off on me on how I'm contradicting myself (see point three), hear me out. My life is like one big awkward moment. So, one would think that by this point, I'd be used to it and would be amazing at dealing with the awkwardness. False. I have, however, learned how to embrace and include others in on my awkward moments - I share the awkward. Some story is brought up that makes me uncomfortable (and is specifically brought up to make me uncomfortable), I'll start saying things I know will make everyone else uncomfortable. They'll start feeling uncomfortable, things will get way awkward for all parties involved, and suddenly the topic will switch gears. Don't believe me? Try it! This method has yet to fail me. And considering how many awkward moments comprise my life, that's saying a lot!
And there we have it, my blog friends. The first and possibly last installment of my random thoughts on this cold December Thursday! I even managed to throw in a few pics (go me!). Now I shall wait with bated breath for all the hate comments! Bring it on, haters!!




No comments:
Post a Comment