I finally did it. After much annoyance, I finally had enough.
I deleted my Facebook account.
And you know what? I haven't had one single moment where I've regretted it.
Not kidding.
The other day, a family member pulled up Facebook and began reading through the updates in their newsfeed. The more they read, the happier I became that I no longer had access to that information.
Here's the thing - I do think Facebook has its perks, its time and place. But, people posting e v e r y s i n g l e d a y what is going on in their life isn't it. Seriously. I no longer have access to the baby daddy drama, the "my [insert significant other here] is the best!" postings, the bragging of how blessed everyone's life is - and I don't miss it.
Sure, I could have limited my Facebook time. Sure, I could have kept my account but rarely (if ever) logged into it.
But I didn't want to do any of that. I wanted it permanently out of my life - no temptation to jump back on the wagon.
I've got enough friends and family members on Facebook to tell me if something major happens in someone's life. My legit friends have my phone number and email address to tell me their special news themselves. I don't need Facebook making me feel bad for being single, for being childless, for not being engaged/pregnant, for struggling to find who I truly am. I don't need Facebook telling me I'm not a complete person because I don't partake of everything my "Facebook friends" partake of. I don't need any of the extra drama in my life.
Hi. My name is MDL, and it's been one week since I last Facebooked. I quit cold turkey, and I don't regret it one bit. [Steps off soap box]
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment