A few months ago, I posted about my experiences with getting Botox as a treatment for migraines. (Check out that blog post here)
I'm like clockwork - every 12 weeks, I'm in Dr. S's office getting 31 injections.
Well, because of things I'd been facing in life around that 12 week mark, I ultimately cancelled my appointment.
Normally, this is not something I'd recommend. Seriously. Once you get on a 12 week schedule, stick to it. It's honestly what's best. 12 weeks is just the perfect amount of time where the shots start wearing off. And before things can get too bad, you're getting reinjected.
But, I'm currently 4 weeks past that 12 week point. Which means my muscles are starting to move again and my nerves are starting to come alive again.
I live in The Deep South. If you thought August was hot where you live, seriously, come down South. Not only are things bigger down South, but they're far hotter as well!
I took up running a few months ago. Today, I was that idiot you see out running when it's 100 degrees outside. But I had to get in a run today. And, honestly, the time I ran was the best time of the day I could have gone for a run (and the coolest daylight time).
As I was sweating profusely, my nerves decided that, now since they are slowly coming back to life again, they should react to such extreme heat. And so they did. By sending out cold signals.
Yes. I was totally sweating like a man with goosebumps all up and down my body.
The first time it happened, it was slightly scary. It was a new experience that I had never experienced before. I didn't know if it was normal, unhealthy, bad, etc. But now, it's getting to that annoying point. While I'm glad my nerves aren't quite alive enough yet to send out legit pain signals, it's frustrating to be standing out in 100 degree weather looking like I'm freezing cold. Because I'm definitely not. I just have very confused nerves currently.
Next week will be the 5 week past 12 mark (aka the 17 week point). Luckily, next week will be the week these nerves will yet again be injected.
Until then, please excuse me while I sweat profusely while looking like I'm freezing cold. Because I'm totally not.
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment