I've seriously been neglecting this blog.
Here's why --
A lot of stuff has happened to me personally here lately. Stuff that has caused me to really seriously doubt my faith in humanity. Before you let your mind wander and think I'm referring to stuff going on in the news/media, I'm not.
I remember the day I officially came clean about this. After I announced my feelings out loud, I felt like humanity felt the need to prove to me that I shouldn't have faith in it. Repeatedly.
Here I am, 2 weeks later.
This weekend, I had a really powerful heart-to-heart with a very dear friend. She said something to me that I'm throwing out in this blog world so that I won't forget it. And because it's going on my list of goals for this journey (the reason why I started this blog).
This is what she said: "Focus on yourself. Cut out the people who are sucking the joy out of your life."
I'm sure many people read that and think how absolutely cruel and harsh that is. But, I read that and think how right she is!
I've let people into my life who treat me like trash. They come around when they need something, when it's convenient for them. But when I need a friend, they're always too busy. Or, if they happen to be available, they come around to say hurtful things to me that only tear me down further.
So, this is the real sucky part of the journey. The time where you find out who your true friends are and let yourself be okay with letting the others go. The time where I find out who my true friends are. The time where I allow myself to let go of those that only suck out my joy. Not only give myself permission to do so, but to truly be okay with it.
It's the time to allow myself to experience joy - pure, unadulterated joy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment