It's the wee hours of the morning.
I know this because the birds outside my window have started their morning chirps.
I'm curled up in bed with blankets and pillows.
My comforter is still in the dryer, where it's been for the past 2 days.
I've been fighting the flu for the past week. Laziness has most definitely been the theme of the past week plus of my life.
Not only am I curled under blankets, but the blankets consist of my living room blanket and a flat sheet I pulled out of the dryer (right before I threw the comforter in). While I've got sheets on my bed, the flat sheet I'm curled up under isn't the sheet on the bed. It's just some random flat sheet. That doesn't match. But is oh so warm and comfy.
Today, I will go back out into the world.
Today, I will put on real clothes rather than just sweats and/or pjs.
Today, I will no longer use the excuse that I'm sick with the flu - mostly because I'm over the flu.
Today, I may have to fake happiness to get through the day. But I will get through today. I will.
And, as if there aren't enough ironies in my life - my Pandora just started playing "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World.
I'm not quite sure where I am right now. I know I've got a lot of struggles going on internally. I'm not sure I know how and/or am ready to verbalize those struggles yet. I've been up all night long. As in I haven't slept one minute since the sun set to the sun now rising. My mind is racing, there's so much going on, yet I can't vocalize it. At least, not yet.
So, to sum it up in the words of Jimmy Eat World --
It just takes some time, little girl
You're in the middle of the ride
Everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment