I've somewhat alluded to the fact that I've got a lot of stuff on my plate currently.
While I really don't want to deal with what I am, I must admit that it is my fault. I have chosen this path, and with that choice comes this hard time. And when I get real down and crabby, I catch myself reminding myself that this is self-inflicted. I have no one to blame but me.
But that's quickly followed up with reminding myself that I'm not in this alone. I've got God on my side. As Dr. S reminded me, I have to ask Him for help. And then I must let go and trust Him. Because Psalm 3:5 commands me to do so: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."
Well, I've got a friend that's also in the same boat as I am currently. She texted me today expressing how she was having a rough day. I tried offering her some of my tips/tricks that are helping me muddle through the hurdles we come to. But, she was still discouraged.
So, I sat down and did something for her that I love doing for my friends. When I don't know what to say, I pray. And when I don't know the right words to say to uplift my friends, I type out special prayers for them that I've prayed to God. Personally, I think it's one thing for someone to tell you that they're praying for you. But it has a far greater impact when you get the chance to hear/see that prayer. Plus, I love having something to come back to and read when I am down and need the strength and encouragement (hence blogging).
The thing about writing out prayers for my friends is that I find that praying these special prayers for them also brings me peace and comfort. I think it's because when my friends are down, it hurts my heart as well. And it all ties back in with Matthew 11:28 - "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Until I'm out of the woods, I will continue to pray fervently, trust wholeheartedly, and play this song on repeat in my head --
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment